Friday, 24 August 2007

Friday sun shining



A finished sidewinder sock. Fun to knit and I really know how to graft now. I love the way the colours form in the handpainted yarn. Here's another picture of the sock before I grafted the toe. Looks really strange but works out really well. A great, well written pattern. The sock appears too wide but fitted beautifully when I put it on. I guess it's something to do with less stretch on the lengthwise knitting.

Have been reading through Rowan Magazine 42, the new Vogue Knitting and the Fall Interweave Knits trying to decide what my next project might be. So much choice I love heaps of the patterns so really have to see what I can knit from my stash. Have also started another pair of socks, Go With the Flow Socks by Evelyn Clark in the Summer 2006 Interweave Knits in Dream in Colour Smooshy sock yarn in Beach Fog which I got from Wool Girl. Here's a picture.

Lovely soft yarn and great stitch definition and I love this colour.

Well, enough for today. I'm off to check out the Spotlight sale - probably too late for the best stuff and pick up some seed potatoes. Have to get the veges growing again now it's almost spring. Have a good week. Cheers




No comments: