Saturday, 8 September 2007

Sunny day with wind


Good Morning. Running a bit late this week. I finished my Juno and sewed it up. That's a close-up of the collar above and the whole thing below. Have decided I don't like the buttons - too shiny and will have to find something else. I couldn't get a decent photo of it on me so this will have to do.


Details

Pattern:
Juno from Rowan 40.
Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran from Jannette's Rare Yarns. Used about 51/2 balls for Size medium.
Amendments: Added about 15 rows to the length - not sure it really needed it though.
Comments: An easy knit, even the collar once I got the pattern worked out and I like the Yorkshire tweed - quite soft once it is washed. Not much available now though. Sleeves are too long again. Can't seem to get them right.

Have been making a cardigan from Cleckheaton Vintage Hues which is waiting to be sewed up. It has a lace edging which I'm still working on. I used the Green/Burgundy/Blue colourway which is more subdued than some of the colourways.

Had a early morning this morning. Had to be up at the crack of dawn -well not quite -so I could do the weekly shop - how boring before DH went off to help his BIL to build a platform for the spa pool. Hope he's back in time to do some things around here that need doing especially as he is going on a bike ride (motorbike) tomorrow. Anyway I've started on a pair of socks for him - size 12 feet so it'll take a while! I'm using some subdued blue-green Trekking XXL.

Went a bit mad and ordered some things from Loopy Ewe in the States. Naughty especially as I already have too much sock wool. The colours are so lovely I can hardly resist.

Well, hope everything is okay with all of you.

Cheers

2 comments:

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

Love your beautiful sweater! :-)

Unknown said...

love your Juno it looks great. Have you got your Ravelry invite yet?