Thursday, 4 October 2007

Finished Objects

I finished the lacy cardigan from the Cleckheaton Vintage Hues pattern book. I love it and its quite warm and cozy. It took 8 skeins of Cleckheaton Vintage Hues which I got half price at Spotlight. Love this colour combination but have not yet found the right pin for the cardigan. I knitted the pattern as written and it went very fast on 6 mm needles and the bulky wool. The size is 12-14.

I also finished my sidewinder socks. I found these really fun to knit and the hand-painted yarn looks so good knitted sideways. The yarn was the Celebration colourway from the Spunky Yarn Club in Tough Sock. I knitted the largest size and the socks are too big but they can stay that way. Probably shrink a bit anyway.

I have also finished these recently. They are made from Patons Patonyle in colourway 4309 which is very pretty. I used the On-Your_Toes sock pattern from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I found the Turkish cast on with the pattern used left a bit of a hole in the toe which I had to darn up later. Probably my inexperience with the cast on.

I also went to a really great class last weekend. It was a experimental knitting class with Prudence Mapstone. I've been aware of her work for some time but was thrilled when Nancy's, one of our local embroidery and quilt shops offered a class. I found it was a lot of fun and came away with a couple of small pieces from a day's work. Think it would take a while to make something larger but I thought I might incorporate these into one of my quilts.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! New Zealand weather sounds pretty good right now!!

I love the cardigan - great choice of yarn.

alltangledup said...

that cardigan is gorgeous on you. The yarn looks similar to Noro, do you know if it's got a softer feel? I like the noro colours but find the yarn far too scratchy

Sarah said...

I really like that Vintage Hues colourway - it's the one I picked as well. At the time I couldn't decide on which cardgian I wanted out of the book, so I just got enough for socks (which became slippers and a tea cosy)! But I'm totally loving yours, it looks great! :-)