Friday, 5 October 2007

Southern Summer of Socks

Hi, a short one this time. I wanted to say I have joined the Southern Summer of Socks KAL so I will get some of my largish stash of sock yarn knitted up. Some of it I'm saving for the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts which is gorgeous. I'll have to pick the yarn for that first.

We're supposed to set some goals for this KAL and these are mine:

1. Knit a pair of socks from every type of yarn I have.
2. Practise toe up socks at least twice.
3.Knit a pair of socks for every member of my family and some of my friends.
4. Try a new technique - maybe fair isle socks.

Here's my first pair which I cast on on Monday. I'm just decreasing the gusset after turning the heel and I think I am going to run out of wool because they are for DH who has very large feet. Here's where I am now. The wool is Sheldridge Farm Soft Touch Sock from the Simply Socks Yarn Company

I'm hoping to make a pair of baby socks next. There's an imminent arrival for one of my workmates!

I'm making progress with my cozy v-necked pullover from Fitted Knits. Have finished the body and started on a sleeve. Will have to rip it a bit as I don't like the ribbing starting so soon. I think it would be better below my elbow.

Cheers

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I've just started the V-Neck Pullover from Fitted Knits for my Mum. I'll have to keep in mind where to start the ribbing on the sleeves (shame I don't have here her to try it on as I go). I'm working with 4 and 3.25 mm needles (using 8 ply and adjuting the pattern), so quite frankly, the less ribbing with the extra stitches and rows I have the better!

And, looking at the project I favourited in Ravelry (and showed Mum) actually started the ribbing at the elbow too - I hadn't noticed before...

At the moment just finishing a pair of socks is a challenge for me; my obsession is waning! :-o No, just on hold! Good luck with your challenges. :-)